Koh Samui Beaches and Best Accommodation Options on the Beaches
Koh Samui is the second largest and one of the most popular islands in Thailand. It is famous all over the world for its stunning beaches, crystal clear water, long coastlines, mountain landscapes, coconut trees, and much more.
If you are planning a trip to this popular holiday destination, you may wonder where to start. It is home to 40 gorgeous beaches and has plenty of accommodation options. Koh Samui is a tropical paradise and has so much to offer.
Koh Samui is not crowded and expensive like Phuket. It is a great travel destination as it is budget-friendly. It is a true paradise dream for sea, sun, and nature lovers. Koh Samui offers some of the most beautiful beaches in Thailand, where you can relax and enjoy the scenic view, scenery, and clear blue water.
Koh Samui is a popular island for vacations because of amazing attractions, breathtaking beaches, and great excursions. There are many areas and beaches to stay in Koh Samui.
Since Koh Samui has plenty of beaches, we bring you a list of the 5 best beaches to explore the island and also the multiple options of accommodations to make your vacations memorable and relaxing.
Chaweng Beach is the most popular and biggest beach in Koh Samui. It offers a white sandy beach, clear water, and vibrant nightlife. The natural beauty and picturesque views attract visitors to stay here.
Chaweng Beach is famous for its bustling nightlife scenes and beach parties with cocktails, a fire show, and some live music. The beach is the island’s nightlife hotspot, with plenty of bars, pubs, and restaurants.
If you are looking for entertainment and nightlife scenes, you should stay around the Chaweng area. It offers a greater number of accommodation options than other beaches on Koh Samui. You will find some of the best hotels and restaurants here. Let’s have a look!
- 5-Star Hotel with Swimming Pool: The Sala Samui Chaweng Beach Resort is one of the best beach resorts. They have luxury rooms, with a private pool and a beautiful terrace.
- Lovely Resort: The Ozo Chaweng Samui is a charming resort and popular among tourists. They have 2 swimming pools, a beachfront location, free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, a bar, and an airport shuttle.
- Hostel with Pool: The UBOX Hostel is an ideal place for backpackers! This hostel is very clean, really comfortable, and even equipped with a pool.
Another popular place to stay in Koh Samui is Lamai Beach. The beach is one of the prettiest on the island. It has a number of restaurants and chilled bars. It is not as busy and crowded as Chaweng Beach. It is a perfect tropical beach for those who like to have a quiet day, but still want to enjoy the lively nightlife in the evening.
Lamai Beach is a favorite tourist spot for families and couples to enjoy the white sand, clear water, relax and sunbathe. The water is good for swimming and water sports activities. It has a great number of accommodation options, restaurants, shopping options with great spas, and tourist sites to explore.
There are plenty of beach resorts, 5- Star hotels, and boutique hotels with swimming pools to enjoy your holidays.
- Samui Seabreeze Place: Samui Seabreeze Place is the best resort with a swimming pool, restaurant, private beach area, and beautifully decorated rooms.
- Crystal Bay Yacht Beach Club Resort: The Crystal Bay Yacht Beach Resort has everything one wishes for, such as a swimming pool, beachfront, beautiful rooms, a coffee maker in all rooms, free Wi-Fi, a bar, and an airport shuttle.
- 4- Star Hotel at the Dream Beach: The Beluga Boutique Hotel is located in the south of Lamai. It has splendid rooms and is lavishly furnished.
Silver Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Koh Samui. It is gorgeous for its white sand, clear water, and huge rock formations. This beach is a tropical paradise set in a splendid little bay facing northeast of Koh Samui.
Silver Beach is the best place to stay in Koh Samui for those who want to be secluded. It is less crowded, calm and also has a peaceful vibe. It is gently sloping, which is good for families with small children, and they can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling.
There are a couple of accommodations here, and the bungalows and hotels right at the beach with their outstanding location are especially impressive.
- Silver Beach Resort: Silver Beach Resort offers all the best facilities including airport transport, a private beach, balcony terrace, Wi-Fi in all rooms, a sauna, spa, and swimming pool.
- Thong takin Resort: It is a beautiful resort with a swimming pool, private balcony, ocean view rooms, free wifi, airport transfer, and rental bicycle, and family-friendly.
Maenam Beach is another pristine beach to stay in Koh Samui. It offers a white sandy beach, blue water, and a great number of palm trees, making it a dream beach destination for every kind of visitor. You can stroll on the beach and just sit back and relax in plenty of shady spots.
It has a quieter and peaceful vibe. The beach is a perfect holiday spot for families and couples to enjoy the serenity and beautiful views of the beach. In addition, you will find nice restaurants, bars, and night markets.
Maenam Beach has plenty of excellent hotels and accommodations right at the beach for visitors to stay.
- W Koh Samui Boutique Hotel: The Samui Boutique Hotel has all the modern facilities such as a swimming pool, great ambiance, private villas, free Wi-Fi, etc.
- Paradise Beach Resort Samui: The Paradise Beach Resort is a luxury hotel. The popular amenities include a swimming pool, spa, restaurant, bar, laundry service, free wifi, air-conditioned rooms, kids pool, and babysitting.
- Escape Beach Resort: Escape Beach Resort is one of the best hotels on the island. Amazing views, excellent food and dining, spa, swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, airport transfer, and best services are available.
Another best place to stay in Koh Samui is Bohut Beach. It is also known for its charming Fisherman’s village, which is popular for its night market. You will find small boutiques, shops, restaurants, bars, and cafes on the beach.
The beach is secluded and quiet with beautiful palm-fringed trees. You can have a tropical escape from the busy city life and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere here. It is an ideal beach for sunbathing and swimming as the water is flat and calm.
There are multiple accommodation options for every kind of visitor. From inexpensive hotels to luxury hotels and beach resorts, all options are available.
- The Ritz Caltron Koh Samui: The Ritz Caltron Koh Samui facilitates you with a private beach, spa, air-conditioned rooms, pool, and free wifi.
- Nora Beach Resort and Spa: Nora Beach is located on a private beach. It provides a pool, spa, restaurant, bar, gym, babysitting, free Wi-Fi, and excellent services.
- Samui Us Hostel: It is a clean hostel with a swimming pool, nice rooms, and a great ambiance. It is a nice accommodation option for backpackers.
Koh Samui beaches have the finest white sand, clear water, palm-fringed trees, and less crowd. Some beaches are busy and crowded such as Chaweng Beach, however, some of them offer peace and relaxation such as Lipa Noi Beach. Koh Samui beaches offer the best accommodation options and you can have very refreshing and wonderful vacations with your loved ones in Koh Samui.